Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Skateboard for On Deck 7: Progress 1

The Fed Ex man delivered my skateboard safe and sound-like at my door for the On Deck 7 charity auction happening in May. The deck is due back in Missoula by April 1, so I decided it might be a good idea to get this puppy rolling.

First I sanded off the finish, filled in the holes I wouldn't be using for hanging, and then I primed it. Once the gesso dried I transferred the sketch on over.

I painted inside the mouth first, and decided to use Ultramarine Blue, Permanent Alizarin Crimson and Crimson on this part. I'll also use these on other parts of the board, along with Yellow Oxide, Unbleached Titanium and Titanium White. I'm also using some Burnt Umber to mix with the Ultramarine to make black when I need to.

I honestly can't remember what was going on when I came up with the idea for this one, but I can say I've spent the last couple of weeks enduring yet another root canal. Not sure, but I may have dental work on my mind.

No comments: