Friday, April 13, 2012

Now accepting credit cards!

So when the nice people at the Frick asked me if I would be able to take credit cards at my book signing tomorrow (see details below), I had to honestly tell them "no."

But.

A day and a half later I bought myself an iPad (geeky dance around the room) and got busy with Square. Square is a tiny little thing that plugs into your ear bud jack and you swipe cards through it. The reader is free; the app that goes with it is also free.

And it's really fun (and easy) to use.

I've inventoried everything that I'll be selling (hardcover and paperback books, prints, posters and bookmarks) and added images and prices for each. So all I have to do is touch the product that someone is buying and the app starts up a tally.

Oh. The details about tomorrow:

What: Book signing (along with my new buddy Stacy Innerst)
Date: Saturday, April 14
Time: 1:30-2:30 pm
Location: The Frick Art & Historical Center, in the museum rotunda


And! It's Friday the 13th! It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments: